| This pic is staged. Usually the readers are all over the classroom and it is difficult to capture them all in one photo. |
Last week we explored how readers use their own life, experiences and knowledge to make sense of the texts. This week we looked how readers pay attention to the characters in the stories.
Learning about characters helps us to understand different people, their feelings, how they make choices and solve problems.
We also looked at how characters react to different situations.
I love how in our class we all get to share what we read, what we like and what we would recommend to others.
I brought in one of the latest picture books I had bought.
The students shared the latest book they were reading. It was interesting to see the books, hear the students talk about them and read out loud a little part. It was fascinating to hear some of the students reading in their mother tongue. I was happy to see one book that was part of my childhood.





No comments:
Post a Comment